Xpress cargo is one of the carriers of Dangerous Goods worldwide. Whether you are shipping Dangerous Goods within India or internationally, we have the expertise to provide safe solutions for handling and transporting your Dangerous Goods shipments. Deep Blue accepts 'consumer commodities' and 'limited quantities' as defined, labeled and packaged in accordance with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations for shipments.
Dangerous Goods are commodities that, when transported, pose some form of danger to people, animals, the environment, or the carrier. Dangerous goods can be either acceptable or unacceptable for shipping.
There are nine classifications of Dangerous Goods that identify the type of danger each possesses. These are grouped into categories called accessible and inaccessible which determine the xpress cargo service you can ship with.
Accessible vs Inaccessible Dangerous Goods
Certain Dangerous Goods shipments must be accessible to the flight crew in-flight. These are categorized as Accessible Dangerous Goods (ADG). Inaccessible Dangerous Goods (IDG) do not need to be loaded so they are accessible to the flight crew in-flight.
Examples of Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods:
- Dry Ice (Carbon Dioxide, Solid)
- Consumer Commodities
- Life saving appliances (self-inflating or containing Dangerous Goods as equipment)
- Air bag inflators and/or air bag modules
- Battery powered equipment or vehicles containing a wet battery
- Machines incorporating internal combustion engines
- Lithium batteries
- Magnetized Material - although considered a class 9 Miscellaneous Dangerous Good, Magnetized Material has its own label. The label bears the picture of a magnet and a compass, and rather than a number at the bottom, contains the words "Magnetized Material"